Talk Energy Week
It’s that time of year again: Talk Energy Week runs from February 20 to 27 and will engage Canadians in a national conversation about energy. This year, our focus is on exploring how Canada can move towards a prosperous and sustainable energy future.
Energy and climate are two of the most important issues facing Canada and the world. The week encourage all Canadians to consider the importance of energy to our everyday lives, and to join in conversations about our energy choices. The week is the ideal opportunity to explore how the energy choices that we make today will affect our own lives and those of future generations.
Highlights of Talk Energy Week 2016 include:
- The week was announced with Museum staff and students at Louis Riel high school attempting a Gunnies World Record on a quadricycle.
- A Speaker’s Series with more than 20 schools, over 45 speakers, and talks hosted in every Canadian province and territory.
- Interactive demonstrations featuring thermal cameras at 12 museums and science centres across Canada
- A webinar for schools featuring a discussion on Canada’s energy future February 24 at 1pm EST. Tune into the webinar HERE
How you can get involved
- Tune into our webinar on Feb 24 at 1:00pm. Please join us for a great presentation and tweet your questions to us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Kb1-RSG8E
- Join the conversation on social media: visit Let’s Talk Energy on Facebook, or tweet us @enertweets and using #talkenergy to share your thoughts.
- Visit a museum or science centre hosting events near you. A map of participating institutions can be found HERE