Winter can be a difficult time to save energy especially when, in some parts of the country, the thermometer frequently dives below -30˚ Celsius.
Here are some helpful tips to save more energy in this chilly season (while remaining toasty-warm!)
- Turn down your thermostat when you are out of the house and before you go to bed.
- Stop drafts by making sure you have proper insulation around your windows and doors.
- Sunlight is a great natural heat source. Open your blinds during the day and let the sun shine in!
- Unplug unnecessary electronic items.
- Dress warm. Put on a sweater and a cozy pair of socks.
As we have seen with our CEDC classrooms, saving energy is achievable and possible for all ages — even in the thick of winter. Thanks for everyone’s hard work. You are setting a great example for the rest of Canada.