Students will explore different modes of transportation and discuss smarter mobility habits.
- will be able to explain the importance of smarter mobility
- will have demonstrated an understanding of a number of different transportation strategies
- will have a basic understanding of research and development in the transportation sector
Complete one of the following options. You will only be able to submit work and get credit for one option.
Option 1: Design a smart mobility poster or presentation
Students will design a poster or presentation which emphasizes the benefits to both humans and the environment related to smart mobility.
Option 2: Research cutting-edge alternatives to popular transportation methods
Students will research future potential “smart” transportation modes that use next-generation technologies and create a word cloud in the shape of a chosen transportation method.
- World Wildlife Fund - Cities Rise to the Challenge - Sustainable Mobility
- Woo Jr's Kids Activities Green Transportation Lesson Plan
- Going Green with D-rop: Smart Transportation
- CALD Talk - Sustainable Transport
- CAA Eco Driving
- Fuel-efficient driving techniques
- Innovations that will green our future transportation - Mother Earth News
Please respect all school and governmental guidelines and restrictions surrounding COVID-19. Review the 2022 CEDC COVID-19 policy here. This challenge does NOT require students to participate in an in-person event.