Students will learn about food waste and its connection to energy, brainstorm ways to reduce waste, and participate in a game that explores this problem.
- Discuss the issue of food waste and its connection to energy consumption
- Learn about ways to reduce food waste
- Play a game that teaches about food waste
Complete one of the following options. You will only be able to submit work and get credit for one option.
Option 1: Students will learn about food waste, how to reduce it and the energy associated with food production
They will then participate in a food waste-themed game of charades or pictionary.
Option 2: Students will learn about food waste, how to reduce it and the energy associated with food production
They will then create and play a board game or trivia game that teaches about food waste and ways to reduce it.
- Love food hate waste Canada - food waste in the home
- Waste reduction week in Canada
- PBS Learning: Reducing Food Waste
- CBC article about food waste
- Global Food Waste and it's Environmental impact
Please respect all school and governmental guidelines and restrictions surrounding COVID-19. Review the 2022 CEDC COVID-19 policy here. This challenge does NOT require students to participate in an in-person setting.