The Phantom of the Classroom
Students will learn about the concept of phantom power and locate the phantoms in their classroom, school or home.
- will understand the meaning of phantom power
- will be able to locate phantom power sources throughout their school or home
- will have identified ways to reduce phantom energy use
Please complete the activity and have students create a map of their classroom, school or home and use it to label phantom power sources.
- Hydro One - Phantom Power
- Hydro Quebec - phantom power calculator
- Is your home haunted by phantom power? (Video)
Please respect all school and governmental guidelines and restrictions surrounding COVID-19. Review the 2022 CEDC COVID-19 policy here. This challenge does NOT require students to participate in an in-person setting.